Don’t miss out major savings with the raise app. Save money with discounted gift cards from brands like Nike, Lowe’s, Applebee’s and more. Start spending less money at your favorite places.
RAISE - SAVE MONEY WITH DISCOUNTED GIFT CARDS
Updated March 3, 2020
We use Raise gift cards all the time! I would be a little worried about our spending knowing that we save on average $350 per year using Raise if we didn’t use it for the majority of our purchases. Getting a bowl from Chipotle, we use Raise. Buying paint from Lowe’s, we use Raise. Catching a flight on Southwest and booking a hotel on hotels.com, we use Raise. Just take a few minutes and scan the gift cards available and were sure you will be able to save money in the near future.
What we'll cover:
Raise scores a reputable 4.75/5 rating due it’s ability to help you save frequently and at a pretty good clip per purchase as well. Raise has done a really good job of making the Raise app more and more user friendly and easier to use and cash in on those savings. Money Under the Cushion recommends you add this saving strategy and method and start taking advantage of these discounted gift cards.
WHAT IS RAISE?
Raise is a marketplace to buy and sell gift cards. Those looking to buy the gift cards can experience savings in two ways, either in a discount on the gift card (i.e. 5% off a $25 Nike gift card) or savings as cash back in the form of “Raise cash” that can be applied to your next purchase.
While the majority of the gift cards available for purchase can be used either online or in store, there are a select group of gift cards that can be used ONLY online or in store. You will find the details on the redemption options near the card value, for example it will say “Valid Online & In Store” or “Only valid In Store”.
There are two delivery methods as well, digital delivery and physical delivery. Digital delivery cards will be added automatically to your Raise app in the My Cards section. The cards typically appear within a few minutes following the purchase. The physical delivery will mail you a physical gift card, that arrives typically between 3 -7 days.
Have gift cards you don’t plan to use? You can make money on Raise by selling them. Depending on the brand you can list for free or Raise may take a percent of the purchase price once the gift card sells. Cash will be deposited into your bank account or PayPal account following the purchase
HOW TO USE RAISE?
- Create an account on the Raise app or website. Link for $5 bonus – Raise
- To buy a gift card, go to the search bar and enter the store or brand you would like to get the gift card to. This will take you to the stores page on raise to see what the gift card options are.
- Most stores have two options in purchasing the gift cards, the first is buying the cards at a discount or buying the cards at face value and receiving cash back in the form of “Raise Cash”.
- Buying at a discount – If you were to buy a JCPenney gift card right now, you could buy a $25 card for $23.45, saving $1.55 due to the 6.20% discount. The discount percent will vary, sometimes it will be higher and sometimes lower – the percent off is based upon what the sellers are willing to sell at.
- Buying at face value – If you were to buy a $100 Lowe’s gift card at face value, you would buy the card for $100 and receive $5 in Raise cash, due to the 5% cash back currently available. The Raise cash can be applied to your next purchase. When you buy at face value you can enter the exact amount you will need the card for, which is an added convenience.
- After purchasing, the gift card will arrive either in a few minutes for digital delivery or in a few days if a physical card was purchased.
HOW DO I SAVE USING RAISE?
As you buy gift cards with Raise your savings from buying these cards at a discount or face value will start adding up. By using Raising your money will have more value and go further.
We have recently been painting the exterior of our home and bought the paint from Lowe’s, just by buying Raise gift cards for Lowe’s we saved $17.50 on this project.
Don’t miss out on these savings for your next project or just your everyday purchases!
PROS & CONS
IS RAISE LEGIT?
Yes, Raise is legit and the gift cards on their site are real.
Raise is a top notch organization and their customer service is excellent at resolving any issues and will make sure you have a great experience using the app.
TIPS & ADVICE
1. Be on the lookout in email or in the app for the promotions that Raise will run. These promotions are typically specified to certain stores or industries but these promo codes can save you an extra $10-20 on top of your normal Raise savings.
2. If you go through the Rakuten app first to buy the gift cards on Raise, you can receive 1% cash back on your Raise purchase in your Rakuten account. We do this every time we buy Raise cards to maximize our savings. Here’s our review of the Rakuten app review.
IS RAISE WORTH IT
Yes, Raise is worth it. You can even save money at Walmart on Raise.
Raise is a easy tool to make your money more valuable and go further. What could you do with an extra $350 a year? Find out by starting to use Raise!